Cardinal Greenway to host annual Bike Fest

<p>Mikaela Maranhas // DN File</p>

Mikaela Maranhas // DN File

Cardinal Greenway hosts its second annual Bike Fest this weekend.    

The 3-day cycling fundraising event will take place July 28-30. The event is open for cyclists, families and children and will feature cycling tours, demonstrations, activities, games, music and food.   

Greenway's Bike Fest kicks off with an all-age community group ride at 5:30 p.m. Riders will gather at the Historic Wysor St. Depot and ride to Canan Commons in downtown Muncie. Downtown festivities will include a featured BMX show, music, bike-themed challenges, games and a bounce house for children.    

Day two will be Great Greenway Tour Day, with tours beginning at 7 a.m. Tour participants will have the opportunity to ride all or part of the 62+ miles of the Cardinal Greenway and the 6.8 miles of the White River Greenway. The tour will run through historical sites across Muncie including Weird Muncie, Green Muncie and Ball State University. Participants will also be able to participate in a Brewery Tour. Lunch and a Cardinal Greenways Bike Fest 2017 shirt are included in the $35 registration fee, which can be purchased here.

On the last day, Cardinal Greenway will host the second Muncie Grant Pix Criterium Race — a USA Cycling sanctioned race. The 0.7 mile course offers a variety of races where participants can compete for money and prizes. The day will conclude with the Corporate Challenge, which features teams from local businesses and organizations competing in a relay-style challenge.