Art Mart quite literally has everything an art student here at Ball State could dream of. Going through everything just to prove a point would be time consuming though, so we won’t. But here’s six things that set Art Mart apart from other businesses in the industry.

1.    Jabba the Cat

Yes, the cat is at the top of the list. How many businesses out there have rescue pets freely meandering around the store, unconcerned with what customers are doing in its little kingdom of sorts? As a gray, fluffy cat with a walk as regal as the Queen of England can only be a plus, right?

2.    

Support Small Businesses

Small Business Saturday only rolls around once a year, but why not support local small businesses more often than just once? Muncie is home to a variety of mom-and-pop, family-owned businesses, and ArtMart is one of many businesses that make up a large portion of Muncie’s economy and history.

3.    

ArtMart has everything an artist could want

ArtMart has everything from architecture supplies for introductory CAP classes to acrylic paints for that 400 level art class. And what can’t be found in the store can most certainly be found online, and should arrive at a store within a week.

4.    

Sales

ArtMart not only has frequent sales, but they make sure you know about it by advertising in our publications here at Ball State. Heads up, their Employee for a Day sale is TODAY, April 5th!  

5.    

Community Art Projects

Oftentimes, customers walk into an art store, find what they need, and leave. However, sometimes ArtMart will allow you to sample products, like certain kinds of paint and a sample canvas. At the end of the day, there’s a whole new piece of art with strokes from multiple artists in the community. To an artist, ArtMart is like a candy store. Buying new paints or canvases at ArtMart brings the same joy and excitement as getting a new box of crayons in first grade – when is craft time?!

6.    

Genuine people

Karen Fisher and her husband, Paul, purchased the independent business in 2003. Their daughter, Elizabeth Guffey, manages the store, and employees Brittaney Edwards and Tracy Jarrett both graduated from Ball State’s Art Department. Each employee at ArtMart has their own area of expertise and artistry, and is more than willing to help customers with any concerns, and even suggest ideas to help with their projects. ArtMart may lack in “big-box store” convenience, but they more than make up for it in knowledge and helpfulness.

7.    

Stone’s throw away from campus

Quite often, if a Ball State student needs to go shopping, they catch a bus to the nearest Walmart and hope that the big-box store has what they need. While ArtMart doesn’t carry groceries, their art supplies are top of the line, and there’s no need to find a ride when you can simply walk a few blocks over. How much easier can it get?

So next time you’re in the area, make sure to check out ArtMart for all of your art supplies, and don’t forget to pet Jabba the cat on your way out.