2 Ball State baseball players win weekly MAC awards

Sophomore pitcher T.J. Baker came in for the Cardinals in the ninth inning during Ball State’s game against Bowling Green on April 14 at Ball Diamond at First Merchants Ballpark Complex. Baker was credited with the save. Paige Grider // DN

T.J. Baker (3 games)

Innings pitched: 6

Runs allowed: 0

Hits allowed: 4

Walks: 0

Strikeouts: 7

Sean Kennedy (4 games)

Hitting: 6-17

Runs: 4

RBIs: 7

Doubles: 2

Home runs: 1

The Mid-American Conference recognized two Ball State baseball players as Players of the Week.

Sophomore right-handed pitcher T.J. Baker was named MAC West Division Pitcher of the Week after entering three of the Cardinals' four games in relief. In six scoreless innings, he struck out seven batters without a walk and allowed just four hits.

Against Buffalo, he recorded saves in Friday's 6-5 win and Saturday's 6-4 victory. He also pitched scoreless ninth and 10th innings against Purdue April 18 as Ball State came back to win 5-3 in 12 innings.

Senior infielder Sean Kennedy was named MAC West Player of the Week after going 6-17 with seven RBIs, four runs and the go-ahead two-run home run in the top of the 12th against Purdue.

The Cardinals's next game is 7 p.m. today against Indiana at Victory Field in Indianapolis.