A promising weekend ahead; changes to start the week

Tonight: After a pleasant day, temperatures will quickly slump down to 32 degrees in the overnight hours. A few gusty winds cannot be ruled out of the forecast for this evening. Winds will remain out of the northwest until early tomorrow when the begin to shift the southwest. A Freeze Warning goes into effect for much of East Central Indiana at midnight and will expire at 9 am on Saturday. Primary impacts from this warning include crops and vegetation sensitive to drastic temperature change.

Tomorrow: Saturday is shaping up to be decent with sunny skies and clear conditions. No precipitation is expect during the daytime on Saturday nor during the weekend as an entirety. Temperatures will be chilly, especially, in the early morning hours on Saturday. However, highs for the region will climb up to the low 60s with an high of 62 degrees expected here in Muncie. 

7- Day Forecast: After the weekend, a small unsettled wave of weather will impact the early portions of the work week. Thunderstorms and rain showers will be possible throughout the daytime on Monday and into the early hours on Tuesday. As of right now, some of the thunderstorms on Monday could be severe. NewsLink Indiana will continue to monitor these storms and keep you updated on the latest. Mid-week will bring plenty of sunshine back to the region with temperatures returning back to average for the month of April.

-- Weather Forecaster Nathan DeYoung