Jesse McCartney wows audience with classic tunes, light show

The vocal stylings of Jesse McCartney and the intense screams from the crowed rang through John R. Emens Auditorium Tuesday night.

Anyone who attended the concert will either be unable to speak or hear — or a combination of both. If the intensity of the cheers were any indicator, it’s as if no time at all has passed since McCartney was heard for the first time and the world fell in love with him. With an elaborate light show and the accompaniment of guitarist Dory Lobel, this concert was one that many will remember for a long time.

Although the teenage heartthrob is now all grown up, he can still make girls scream and lose their minds over his music.

“The crowd was loud, but had really good energy. The concert was a lot of fun, and I'm so happy that I was able to have the opportunity to see him perform live,” said senior psychology major Rebecca Sampson.

Aside from wowing the audience with his stellar vocals, McCartney was quite the charmer. He was interactive with the audience and even sang "happy birthday" to one of the fans.

He also brought up an audience member on stage and had her sit on a stool while he sang one of his songs to her, and before he escorted her back down from the stage he left her with a kiss on her hand.

Not only did he sing all his classics, such as “Beautiful Soul” and “Leavin,’” but he also performed some of his newer songs such as “Body Language.” And based on the crowd’s reaction, he did not disappoint.

“The performance itself was great, he did a lot of his big hits, but had a good mix of lesser-known songs as well,” Sampson said.

Even though the concert is over, McCartney's catchy songs will remain stuck in everyone’s heads — and hearts — for a long time.