If you’re looking for a quiet place to live off campus that’s affordable, comfortable, and still close to Ball State, look no further— University Apartments are a great place to call home.

Our two communities, Anthony and Scheidler, accommodate upper-level single students, students with families, and Ball State faculty members. They’re connected to the university but offer independence, a family-like atmosphere, and a safe environment.

Do you need more reasons to check out University Apartments? 

1. University Apartments are the most cost-efficient rentals in town. Many places require residents to pay their own utilities, but our rent includes electricity, heat, water, sewage, and trash removal, along with other bonuses like free internet service and free cable TV. 
  2. You won't have to use a lot of gas. University Apartments are conveniently located on the north end of campus, along Ball State shuttle and city bus routes and near local shopping, restaurants, and popular hangouts. 
  3. University Apartments have five different floor plans to fit with what you're looking for. The floor plans come with one, two, or three bedrooms, and they also have larger townhouse-style units for residents with disabilities. A few apartments can be rented furnished, or you may select furnishings to rent that reflect your own style from the preferred vendor, CORT. 
  4. All apartment buildings, like the rest of Ball State's campus, are tobacco-free. 
  5. Does something in your apartment need fixed? You can use the apartment repair web to place in an online order, rather than trying to coordinate between a service company and a landlord. 

Oftentimes, house and apartment rentals don't include utilities, and these bills can stack up to around $620 a month! University Apartments offer not only inexpensive rent plans that include utilities, but special deals to further decrease that check you have to write! With the Refer a Friend Special, if you refer someone to UA and that new resident signs a new lease, and you both get $100 rent credit. The New Graduate Student Special offers a $500 University Apartments scholarship for new graduate students signing a new lease. Of course, there’s a limited quantity of these scholarships to be offered. 

Many students encounter problems trying to find subleases for a semester or for the summer. If you don’t want to be stuck in a year-long lease, there’s always the option to rent for either a semester or an academic year. Housing and Residence will also allow you to store your belongings for the summer at a rate of $25 per week. Who can say no to an offer like this?

And for those social butterflies, there’s also events held to promote friendliness and fun with other residents. Past programs have included tailgating parties before home football games, festivities for Halloween, a fire safety program where residents learned how to keep their homes safe from accidental fires, and an American Idol-like competition. 

Do you want to see where you could be living up-close? Feel free to contact the University Apartments office, watch our video, and check out the 3D tour.