RECAP: Ball State women’s tennis vs Butler

Freshman Rebecca Herrington hits a forehand during her doubles match against IUPUI on Feb. 19. Emma Rogers // DN

Next match:

When: Sunday

Where: Muncie

Time: 1 p.m.

The Ball State women's tennis team (10-2) extended its winning run to six matches by beating the Butler Bulldogs (3-10) 7-0 this afternoon.

This marks the third time this year where the Ball State women’s tennis team has won a match without dropping a point and it all started with the doubles.

On court 1, Mid-American Conference doubles team of the week sophomore Peyton Gollhofer and senior Carmen Blanco beat the Bulldogs pairing of Bailey Padgett and Rachel Sutton 6-2.

Julia Sbircea and Audrey Berger teamed up once more on court 2 and their partnership continued to flourish as they strolled to a 6-1 victory over Butler's Jocelyn Koester and Jordan Minnick.

Up 4-3 on court 3, senior Toni Ormond and sophomore Isabelle Dohanics had no need to finish off their match against Butler’s Kailey Eaton and Carla O’Byrne as the doubles point had already been decided by the wins on the other courts.

Singles was a similar story. Blanco played Padgett for the second time and it was the same result for the Ball State senior. She won in straight sets, 6-2 6-2.

In fact, the only player not to win in straight sets was Ormond on court 2. She dropped the second set to her opponent, Sutton, but won the whole match 6-2 1-6 6-4.

Freshman Rebecca Herrington once again managed to win a set without dropping a game in her 6-0 6-1 win today over Carla O’Byrne on court 5.

Court 3 saw Dohanics beat Jocelyn Koester 6-4 7-5 and on court 6, Rosa Calderon defeated Callie Schmit.

The Cardinals return to Muncie for their match at 1 p.m. Sunday against Oakland University.