Rainy weekend ahead for Muncie

Tonight: We'll see temperatures drop just below the 50 degree mark overnight, with a low of 49 degrees. Winds will be moderate, ranging between 15 to 20 miles per hour. Expect mostly cloudy to overcast conditions.

Friday: Friday will be a nice treat to finish off the work week, as we are going to break into the 70s! We’ll have a high of 70 degrees with partly cloudy skies. It will feel colder though, because winds will be strong, exceeding 20 miles per hour.

Friday Night: We'll see rain start to move into Indiana late Friday night into Saturday morning for western Indiana. The low will drop to 58 heading into the weekend.

7-Day Forecast: Spring weather looks like it has finally arrived, and will stick around! While rain showers are expected this weekend, we'll still be in the 60s for the next several days. Make sure to grab those umbrellas Saturday, as it will be rainy, with a 70% chance for rain showers. These showers would come in waves throughout the day, starting mid-morning and continuing into the afternoon. Despite the rain, it should still be tolerable weather, as the high will reach 67 degrees. Overnight, these rain showers will carry on over to Sunday, with a low of 57.Sunday will continue the chances for rain, with an 80% chance for rain throughout the entire day. These showers shouldn’t be major, only light rain. You can expect a high of 61 degrees. Last, Monday holds a 40% chance of rain, but we’ll see partly cloudy skies throughout the day. Monday will holds a high at a comfortable 67 degrees.

-- Weather Forecaster Balint Szalavari

NewsLink Indiana is a proud Ambassador for the NOAA Weather-Ready Nation program. For more information about the Weather-Ready Nation program please click HERE