Shooting reported at Queen Street and Riverside Avenue

<p>The Muncie Police Department responded to a Queen Street shooting that took place just before 12:30 a.m. on March 18. According to police, the suspect has not been apprehended. <em>Andrew Smith // DN</em></p>

The Muncie Police Department responded to a Queen Street shooting that took place just before 12:30 a.m. on March 18. According to police, the suspect has not been apprehended. Andrew Smith // DN

Police are investigating a shooting that occurred at a party in the area of 612 W. Queen St. just after midnight Saturday morning.

Muncie Police Chief Joe Winkle said the party was advertised on social media and "some unknown individuals" arrived at the house. A fight broke out, and one person was shot in the stomach and another person — an unnamed Ball State student — received an injury to the head.

By the time police arrived at the scene, people attending the party were “scattering,” Winkle said. Police brought in 15 people for questioning, but investigators were "unable to get a lot of information" out of the party-goers due to their high level of intoxication. 

The two male victims were taken to IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital for treatment.

The shooting victim was taken immediately into surgery, and police have not yet spoken with him. 

Two men were arrested after a traffic stop at the nearby Amazing Joe’s Grill shortly after police arrived at the scene. Winkle said the men were wanted on out-of-county warrants for armed robbery but are not believed to be connected to the shooting.

Police are still unsure on a suspect, but Winkle said detectives are continuing to re-interview potential witnesses throughout the week.

According to a Ball State emergency notification alert, one suspect was a "black male wearing all red" who left the area in an older-model red Ford Explorer XL with an unknown direction of travel.

The first Ball State emergency notification alert about the shooting was issued at 12:30 a.m. Saturday, and another was issued just after 1:30 a.m., stating there was no ongoing threat to the area.

This story will be updated.