Muncie man arrested in Main Street homicide

A Muncie man has been arrested for death of Zachary Farmer, 20, that occurred on West Main Street almost two months ago.

Muncie police arrested Marcus D. Hanyard, 23, on Monday was preliminary charged with felony murder, attempted armed robbery and possession of a firearm, according to court documents. 

The incident occurred at the home of 19-year-old Isaiah Davis. 

RELATED: 2 men arrested for misleading police in homicide investigation

Davis' friend, Hunter Hess, 19, was also in the house with Farmer when the homicide occurred. When police arrived on the scene, Hess was seen dragging Farmer's body to his car. 

According to the affidavit, Hanyard got word that Davis' house was a "trap house" where drugs were being sold and "large amounts of money" were being stored.

Hanyard reportedly entered the house and began shooting, according to court documents. Farmer was shot in the head and other areas of his body. He was pronounced dead at the scene. Davis returned fire at Hanyard before hiding behind a safe with Hess. Hanyard ran out of the house and received a gunshot wound to his leg. 

Witnesses told police that Hanyard had an alleged accomplice and later arrived at an Indianapolis home where he asked for bleach to "wipe up the blood."

Hanyard was booked into the Delaware County jail on probation violations, and police recovered Hanyard's cell phone that indicated it was pinging off of a cell phone tower in Muncie at the time of the murder, according to court documents.

Hess and Davis were also arrested shortly after the murder for misleading investigators. Both admitted to dealing marijuana out of the house.

Davis and Hess are both charged with obstruction of justice, maintaining a common nuisance and dealing marijuana. Hanyard is currently being held in the Delaware County jail without bond.