Muncie Gras is here again! Kick off the festivities by participating Muncie Gras’ 2017 Inaugural Parade on March 25 before the event gates open in DWNTWN Muncie. Line-up begins at 4:30 p.m., concluding downtown around 6 p.m.

All ages are welcome at this family-friendly event. Participants who commit to being in the parade will receive a discounted pre-sale Muncie Gras ticket for only $12! All ticket purchases and registration can be completed at downtownmuncie.org/munciegras. To receive discounted pricing, enter the code BSUTIX when checking out. Tickets will be checked for parade validation at the gate. Without parade validation, pre-sale tickets cost $15, and tickets sold at the gate will be $20.

The parade—sponsored by Bud Light, A1 for Fun, Sight & Sound, Muncie Sanitary District, and Party Headphones—will begin at the Riverside and Dill St. intersection and will travel east on Riverside to Reserve St. From there, participants will move from Washington to High St., ending at the Muncie Gras entrance gate. Here, MITS buses will be on-site to take anyone not wishing to enter Muncie Gras back to the Ball State campus.

Following the parade, Muncie Gras festivities will continue through the night from 6 p.m. – 2 a.m. Muncie’s biggest party of the year brings together locals, visitors, and students ages 21 and over. DWNTWN Muncie invites you to join the fun as the streets of downtown are filled with outdoor bars, food vendors, and live entertainment!

This year’s activities include the ever-popular Mechanical Bull, the Budweiser Go-go Cage, Oxygen Bars, Hippo Chowdown, Giant Twister Board, Dizzy X, Vortex Bouncing Ponies, and Track. Two large, heated tents will house the Illuminate EDM Dance Party, The Fabulous Funcie Femmes, and the Friends Burlesque Show. The Mark III Taproom will host fabulous indoor entertainment, including Drag Shows and Male Go-Go Dancers.

When the night (sadly) comes to an end, the MITS trolley and buses will provide a safe ride home for all attendees. MITS transportation will be provided from 7 p.m. – 3 a.m., and the routes include the Ball State campus and Lyndenbrook area hotels.

Muncie Gras is produced by Muncie Downtown Development Partnership and sponsored by Bud Light and Woof Boom Radio. Keep up with the latest information by following @MuncieGras on Twitter and liking Muncie Gras on Facebook. Purchase your tickets today at downtownmuncie.org/munciegras.

For more information and press quotes, contact Cheryl Crowder, MDDP’s Event Director, at cheryl@downtownmuncie.org or 765-282-7897.