Students present in Rome for World Water Day

<p>Aiste Manfredini, Dr.&nbsp;Jennifer Palilonis,&nbsp;BriAnna Eikenberry, Sarah Janssen and Jessica Pettengill hold a Ball State flag during their visit to Rome.</p>

Aiste Manfredini, Dr. Jennifer Palilonis, BriAnna Eikenberry, Sarah Janssen and Jessica Pettengill hold a Ball State flag during their visit to Rome.

A team of Ball State students from the Center for Emerging Media Design & Development are in Rome as part of activities for World Water Day.

Right now, following an address from the Pope, the group will be given the opportunity to present about their Blue Roots Project, as well as the EMDD program and Ball State.

The Blue Roots Project includes a core website that serves as the hub for the global social media conversation leading up to World Water Day activities hosted at the Vatican on March 22, 2017 and other water-related events throughout the year.

"The power of social media can be harnessed in innovative ways to create global conversations around big problems that we — everyone — must begin to have," said Dr. Jennifer Palilonis the co-director for the Center of EMDD. "The EMDD program was built to teach students how to use design thinking, cross-platform storytelling, and user experience research to help build platforms for solving these types of problems.”