RECAP: Ball State women's basketball vs. Akron

Ball State guard Destiny Washington attempts to shoot a layup in the game against Purdue on Dec. 8 in Worthen Arena. The Cardinals lost 58-42. Grace Ramey // DN

Ball State's bench scored nearly half of the team's points in its 90-63 win over Akron women's basketball.

Sophomore guard Destiny Washington led the Cardinals with a career-high 25 points in 23 minutes. She only missed two shots, finishing 11-13 from the floor and 3-5 from the free-throw line.

Junior guard Frannie Frazier added 11 more points in 17 minutes, as the bench combined to score 43 points.

Senior center Renee Bennett scored 13 points, below her team-leading 17 points per game, but also only played 20 minutes instead of her usual 28.1 minutes per game after sitting out the entire fourth quarter.

Ball State shot 52.4 percent (33-63) from the floor and held Akron to 38.9 percent shooting (21-54). The Cardinals also outscored the Zips 44-16 in the paint and held a 43-25 rebounding advantage.

With the win, the Cardinals are now 15-7 on the season and 8-2 in Mid-American Conference play.

Ball State's next game is at noon Feb. 4 at Miami.