Severe storms possible today

Muncie, IN -

Today:

Showers and Isolated thunderstorms will be possible this afternoon, this evening, and during the overnight. We'll get to a high of 62 this afternoon with overcast skies. The Storm Prediction Center has issued a Moderate Risk of severe weather for parts of the viewing area for tonight.

Tonight:

Tonight we will have 2 rounds of severe weather. Both will be squall lines - capable of damaging winds, large hail, and isolated tornadoes. We're expecting the first round to move in around the 11PM-1AM time frame. The second line will move in around 5AM-7AM time frame. Once these storms clear out, it will keep clouds in the region and bring in cooler air tonight, for a chilly low of 31 degrees tonight.

Tomorrow:

We'll start tomorrow with storms moving out of the area, revealing cloudy skies and cooler temps as the day moves on. Tomorrow expect Overcast skies with a early morning high of 31 degrees.

7-Day Forecast

Once the cold front moves through, cooler temps will be in the region through the weekend, and then a warm-up will occur on Sunday to start out the work week on Monday.

--- NewsLink Indiana Weather Forecaster Adam Grimes

NewsLink Indiana is a proud Ambassador for the NOAA Weather-Ready Nation program. For more information about the Weather-Ready Nation program please click HERE