Muncie, IN -

Showers and Isolated thunderstorms will be possible this afternoon, this evening, and during the overnight. We'll get to a high of 62 this afternoon with overcast skies. The Storm Prediction Center has issued a Moderate Risk of severe weather for parts of the viewing area for tonight.

Tonight we will have 2 rounds of severe weather. Both will be squall lines - capable of damaging winds, large hail, and isolated tornadoes. We're expecting the first round to move in around the 11PM-1AM time frame. The second line will move in around 5AM-7AM time frame. Once these storms clear out, it will keep clouds in the region and bring in cooler air tonight, for a chilly low of 31 degrees tonight.

We'll start tomorrow with storms moving out of the area, revealing cloudy skies and cooler temps as the day moves on. Tomorrow expect Overcast skies with a early morning high of 31 degrees.

7-Day Forecast

Once the cold front moves through, cooler temps will be in the region through the weekend, and then a warm-up will occur on Sunday to start out the work week on Monday.

--- NewsLink Indiana Weather Forecaster Adam Grimes

NewsLink Indiana is a proud Ambassador for the NOAA Weather-Ready Nation program. For more information about the Weather-Ready Nation program please click HERE