RECAP: Ball State track and field Gladstein Invitational

<p>Ball State's track and field team will compete&nbsp;in the Kentucky Invitational in Lexington&nbsp;Jan. 13 and 14. The Cardinals will face 21 other teams, including&nbsp;Akron, Cincinnati, Dayton, Ohio State and Kentucky.&nbsp;<i style="background-color: initial;">Brad Caudill // Photo Provided</i></p>

Ball State's track and field team will compete in the Kentucky Invitational in Lexington Jan. 13 and 14. The Cardinals will face 21 other teams, including Akron, Cincinnati, Dayton, Ohio State and Kentucky. Brad Caudill // Photo Provided

Ball State indoor track and field schedule

Feb. 3-4 Akron Invitational

Feb. 10-11 Chipotle Marshall Invitational

Feb. 17 Ball State Quadrangular

Feb. 24-25 MAC Championships

Ball State track and field finished up the second day of the Gladstein Invitational on the afternoon of Jan. 21 in Bloomington, Indiana. 

Day one of the tournament was led by freshman sprinter Jasmine Harris. Harris earned a career-best time of 8.53 in the finals of the 60m hurdles. Harris placed second in the event. Harris' time is the fastest for a Ball State indoor hurdler since 2010.

Also in the 60m hurdles, senior Kassidy Swenson placed 16th with a career-best time of 9.03.

In the only field event for the Cardinals on day one, junior Adrienne Mayfield placed 10th in the weight throw with a career-best throw of 15.78m.

On day two, the Cardinals earned a pair of victories at the invitational. Sophomore Regan Lewis placed first in the high jump, clearing the bar at a career-best height of 1.76m. Nobody else in the event cleared higher than 1.72m. Lewis' jump is now tied for the third best individual performance in program history.

The Cardinals other win came in the 4x800m relay. The freshman team of Hannah Cummings, Peyton Kneadler, Brooke Talhelm and Emily Tromp won the vent with a time of 9:13:44. This was the fastest time in the event for the Cardinals since 2010.

Freshman thrower Kelsey Walters earned a career-best throw in the shot put with distance of 12.85m, placing her in 14th.

The Cardinals return to action Feb. 3-4 at the Akron Invitational.