Ball State men's tennis continues its season with a road trip to take on Indiana Jan. 27.

The Hoosiers are undefeated at 2-0, while the Cardinals come in at 1-2 after a 7-0 sweep of Eastern Illinois.

“They’re always a good team," Ball State head coach Bill Richards said. "They’re a young team, only returning two of their top six players. It’s always going to be a challenge when facing a Big Ten opponent, even if they are only returning two of their top six players.”

The player to watch for the Cardinals is Lucas Andersen, a senior from Greenwood. Andersen won the MAC Flight 1 Singles Championship in the fall and opened the spring season by taking No. 27 Josh Hagar from Notre Dame to three sets, though he lost in the third set (10-3). Andersen also beat Gergely Madarasz from Purdue, who is 49th in the nation.

“Lucas Andersen has had a great career while continuing that into his senior by winning the Purdue Invitation and the Top-Flight Singles Championship at the MAC indoor Fall Invite," Richards said.

Indiana features a young squad with one senior and two juniors. Raheel Manji, a junior, is the expected top-flight player.

“I would be shocked if Raheel was not their top-flight player,” Richards said.

Manji has a connection with the Ball State tennis team — he played at the same club in Canada as Cardinals sophomores Marko Guzina and Nemanja Guzina. Before enrolling at IU, Raheel was the No. 2 under-18 junior tennis player in Canada.

The match will be played at 6 p.m. Jan. 27 in Bloomington, Indiana, at the IU Tennis Center.