Don't be distressed about fall fashion trends

Being a fashion guru doesn’t take much when you’ve got the right fashion arsenal backing you up. This years fall fashion trends are nothing to distress over. The top fashion trends for fall are all lined up and ready to play ball, all to win a fall season spot in your closet. Keep in mind; some of these fashion trends don’t want to play for the same team.

Reagan Allen // DN

1. Suede

• Suede should be your number one piece to include for almost any outfit you choose to wear. Faux suede is currently in for this years fall season and is slowly making its way into everyone’s fall closets. Suede can be worn with any form of denim jean you chose to wear or can even be layered with a nice cover-up/fall cardigan of your choice. Suede can even be used in your day-to-day outfits by incorporating a pair of booties or even a nice crossover body bag to your ensemble.

Grace Ramey // DN

2. Velvet

• Velvet is continuing to rock the fashion scene with its deep colors and amazing texture. It may not be the number one pick for everyone to put in his or her closet, but velvet is definitely making a comeback in the fashion industry. Since its demise in the 90’s, velvet has fallen short when it comes to fashion. However, with the new trend of vintage clothing, velvet is now becoming everyone’s new “classic.” Anyone can rock velvet with a cute velvet skirt, hat or even flats. Velvet can be found in several colors including maroons, greens, blacks, and even some fun colors like pink and mustard.

Grace Ramey // DN

3. Florals

• Since the days of the “flower power,” florals have always been a classic and statement piece in the majority of closets. Florals can be found in several patterns, and now are starting to grow in popularity. Ever since the popularity of tapestries in homes throughout the world, florals are now starting to see a regrowth in fashion. Now, fun patterns resembling florals are even sneaking their way into the fashion scene. Florals are a cute way to make any outfit seem more “girly” or even more professional. Floral patterns can be worn in many forms, some of which include hair accessories, handbags, jewelry, skirts and even shirts/blouses.

Reagan Allen // DN

4. Distressed

• Distressed fashion had its own rise in the 90’s due to bands such as Nirvana and Pearl Jam. These bands not only managed to create a whole new sound of music for the world to hear, but also created a whole new range of fashion for the world to wear. Grunge fashion ended up spinning off into a new fashion known as today as distressed fashion. Distressed fashion is one of the newest fashion trends created by popular rap star Kanye West. Kanye West managed to reintroduce the grunge/distressed look to the public through his Yeezy clothing line. Now, the distressed look is one of the most popular looks throughout Europe and some of the US. The distressed look involves torn, old and worn out looking clothing. Many people have started to “distress” their old t-shirts and old jeans and are wearing them in a totally different style. Distressed clothing is its own trend and can be worn in many ways. Some of these ways include torn jeans, worn out band t-shirts, old/torn leggings and even worn out combat boots.

The key to winning this falls fashion trends is to remember that these trends have the power to not only win your fall, but can help you win your 2016-year. However, some of these fashion trends may not want to play for the same team. For example, it is important that you do not mix velvet and suede. Florals can be mixed with the majority of your closet, but mixing florals with the distressed look can make you look a little confusing. To achieve the ultimate fashion look for this fall, scout out these fashion trends and see which team you want to play for.