Bicentennial Torch Relay arrives in Delaware County

<p>Indiana will be celebrating turning 200 this year. Different Ball State students and programs will be contributing content for the relay.&nbsp;As part of the&nbsp;celebration, a torch will travel throughout the state, stopping in every county over a five-week period. The relay will begin Sept. 9, and finish on&nbsp;Oct. 15.</p>

Indiana will be celebrating turning 200 this year. Different Ball State students and programs will be contributing content for the relay. As part of the celebration, a torch will travel throughout the state, stopping in every county over a five-week period. The relay will begin Sept. 9, and finish on Oct. 15.

The Indiana Bicentennial Torch Relay passed through Ball State's campus on Sept. 27 as the state celebrates its 200th birthday. The schedule for the morning is below, courtesy of the Indiana Bicentennial Torch Relay. Below is a live video of the Torch Relay.

• 7–9 a.m. - IHOP and Albany Lions Club free pancake breakfast, Heartland Hall, Delaware County Fairgrounds
  • 7–noon - Indiana Bicentennial Traveling Experience (museum) and the Freedom Bus (civil rights activism exhibit), front of Heartland Hall
  • 9 a.m. - Torch lighting kickoff, stage in front of the Bicentennial Traveling Experience
    • Welcome
    • Presentation of the colors by the 1812 re-enactors and national anthem
    • Muncie Mayor Dennis Tyler reads proclamation
    • Torch is lit
    • Mayor Tyler (first torchbearer) runs to fairground’s entrance, accompanied by a 6-vehicle caravan including Indiana State Police
  • 9:15 a.m.–noon - 23 additional torch bearers will guide the light through Delaware County.
    • Ball State instructor/Indiana Public Radio senior producer Stan Sollars will carry the torch from the New York and Neely intersection (Kinghorn Hall), west on Neely, south on McKinley past the Letterman Building where he works, and to the McKinley and Riverside intersection (Scramble Light). A cheer block for Sollars will meet outside Kinghorn Hall and at the David Letterman Communication and Media Building to celebrate as he runs by.

If you can't catch the live stream, keep up with the Bicentennial Torch Relay's journey through Delaware County on the Daily News' snapchat: bsudailynews