Scheumann Stadium to host DCI Central Indiana show

Tonight's lineup

All times eastern and subject to change.

3:00 p.m. Box office opens
5:30 p.m. Gates open
7:00 p.m. Welcome & National Anthem
7:10 p.m. Genesis - Austin, TX
7:28 p.m. Legends - Kalamazoo, MI
7:46 p.m. Pioneer - Milwaukee, WI
8:04 p.m. Colts - Dubuque, IA
8:22 p.m. Intermission
8:40 p.m. Troopers - Casper, WY
8:58 p.m. Blue Stars - La Crosse, WI
9:16 p.m. The Cavaliers - Rosemont, IL
9:34 p.m. Carolina Crown - Ft. Mill, SC
9:59 p.m. Awards

The full 2016 schedule is available by date and location at Drum Corps International's website.

Scheumann Stadium will attract thousands as drum and bugle corps take stage at 7 p.m. in the DCI Central Indiana show, presented by Woodwind & Brasswind.

Drum Corps International (DCI) is a nonprofit, global youth activity with far-reaching artistic, educational and organizational influence, according to dci.org. 

Through the annual DCI Tour and DCI World Championships, Drum Corps International provides entertainment to millions through live performances and broadcast events.

The 2016 schedule includes 113 shows in 39 states, where 39 drum corps will compete for this year’s World Championship titles in Open and World Class divisions.

The DCI Tour features some of the most talented student musicians, said Chris Weber, DCI Sr. manager of communications.

Performers are primarily in high school and college, ranging in age from 14 to 22. They come from around the world to participate in their respective corps, and most are also active in their high school and college marching bands,” Weber said. “Achieving extreme levels of excellence in marching music, Drum Corps International participants are considered to be 'the example' to high school and college marching bands throughout the United States, Europe, Asia and South Africa.”

The DCI Central Indiana event will feature eight drum and bugle corps with a special performance by the Music for All Summer Symposium camp marching band, which will be playing with Carolina Crown.

Tonight's event will be a special one, Weber said.

“The DCI Central Indiana event will showcase the very best of marching music — the ultimate example of excellence in scholastic music education,” Weber said. “It’ll be a wonderful night of musical entertainment and a great way to kick off the Fourth of July holiday weekend.” 

Tickets are available at the gate with individual tickets ranging from $25-35.