Your horoscope for July 20

Today's Birthday (07/20/16). Your home and garden thrive with tender care. A two-year family growth phase begins this summer. A hot opportunity arises in conversation this autumn, altering your educational direction. Next spring requires financial weeding before your studies and travels flower. Take new terrain supported by domestic tranquility.

To get the advantage, check the day's rating: 10 is the easiest day, 0 the most challenging.

Aries (March 21-April 19): Today is an 8 -- Pass along what you're learning. Friends are a big help over the next few days. Hold yourself to high standards, with Venus trine Saturn. You're rewarded for sticking to the rules.

Taurus (April 20-May 20): Today is an 8 -- Misunderstandings can slow the action. Learn from another's mistake. Career opportunities show up for the next two days. Clarify the message, and reassure the team. Disciplined efforts pay off.

Gemini (May 21-June 20): Today is an 8 -- Investigate and explore. The next two days favor travel and research. Avoid a silly argument by not falling for the bait. Your discipline is admirable. Play by the rules and win.

Cancer (June 21-July 22): Today is an 8 -- Make financial transactions over the next two days. Manage the books, and pay bills. Changes necessitate budget revisions. Tailor your new plans to fit. You can get what you need.

Leo (July 23-Aug. 22): Today is a 9 -- Today and tomorrow are good for compromise. Raise your collaboration to the next level. Let others know what you need. Take turns being in charge. Payback brings lovely rewards.

Virgo ( Aug. 23-Sept. 22): Today is a 9 -- Get organized to balance your busy schedule over the next few days. Balance home and work responsibilities, and get help if needed. Clean up messes together.

Libra (Sept. 23-Oct. 22): Today is an 8 -- Relax and practice your favorite game today and tomorrow. Play with friends and relations. Persistence and dedication grow your skill level. After mastering the rules, you can add your own creative flourishes.

Scorpio (Oct. 23-Nov. 21): Today is a 7 -- Household matters need attention over the next two days. Creative planning resolves a practical issue. Communication or mechanical breakdowns could get expensive. Circumstances dictate actions; do what you did before that worked.

Sagittarius (Nov. 22-Dec. 21):Today is an 8 -- You're especially clever today and tomorrow. You can find the answer you're after; keep digging. Practice your creative skills. Ask a favor from one who owes you. Reach out to your network.

Capricorn (Dec. 22-Jan. 19): Today is a 9 -- Focus on making money today and tomorrow. Collect an old debt. Discipline makes the difference. Follow the rules closely. Juggle old and new chores. Friends help you meet a deadline.

Aquarius (Jan. 20-Feb. 18): Today is a 9 -- You've got the energy to make things happen today and tomorrow. Don't be afraid if you don't know how. Replenish your reserves. Talk to people with relevant experience. Prepare to launch.

Pisces (Feb. 19-March 20): Today is a 6 -- Peaceful contemplation suits your mood today and tomorrow. Lower the volume. Show your respect to an older loved one. Conserve resources without worrying about money. Consider your next move.

Nancy Black continues her mother   Linda Black's legacy horoscopes column. She welcomes comments and questions on Twitter, @lindablack. For more astrological interpretations visit Linda Black Horoscopesand www.nancyblack.com