New in technology this month

<p><a href="http://emojipedia.org/emojipedia/2.0/">Emojipedia</a> has created original illustrations, predicting what the new emojis will look like. The new emoji update is set to be released on June 21. <em>PHOTO COURTESY OF EMOJIPEDIA</em></p>

Emojipedia has created original illustrations, predicting what the new emojis will look like. The new emoji update is set to be released on June 21. PHOTO COURTESY OF EMOJIPEDIA

This month has seen a lot of announcements in the world of technology. Apple has been making some advancements in phone design and iOS updates. But they aren't the only ones making a splash this month.

New emojis

The new emoji update, called Unicode 9.0, released June 21, according to Emojipedia. The update, which was announced on June 2, includes 72 new emojis such as an avocado, pancakes, a facepalm, a clown and a butterfly.

Deletable apps

Apple has announced that if users update to iOS 10 beta, they will be able to delete the built-in apps that come on their phone. Some examples are the Stocks, Passbook and Newsstand apps. To redownload any of the deleted apps, users can search for it in the App Store and redownload it from their iCloud.

Walmart delivery

Those who shop at Wal-Mart and Sam’s Club may be able to get their groceries delivered to them. The company plans to test the new plan in Denver and Phoenix and will use Uber and Lyft. Shoppers will be able to use the store’s website to purchase the items and have them delivered for an extra fee. The orders will be filled by Wal-Mart employees, who will then request an Uber or Lyft driver to complete the process.

Wrap-around phone screen

On June 14, Apple got a patent for a 360-degree, wrap-around phone screen for the iPhone. Users would be able to view videos, images and text on the front, back and sides of their phones. This would also change the buttons for volume and ring settings, which are currently located on the left side, to virtual buttons instead of physical ones. It is still unclear when and if Apple will roll out the new design, as their patent application did not include details about incorporating the design into a future version of the iPhone.