Lindley, Sear lead Cardinals at Eastern Kentucky

<p>Senior Allison Lindley led all individual statistics for the Ball State women's golf team and&nbsp;hopes to carry the momentum she built last season to this season. The golf&nbsp;team will head to Illinois State University this weekend to compete in the annual Redbird Invitational. <em>Ball State Athletics // Photo Provided&nbsp;</em></p>

Senior Allison Lindley led all individual statistics for the Ball State women's golf team and hopes to carry the momentum she built last season to this season. The golf team will head to Illinois State University this weekend to compete in the annual Redbird Invitational. Ball State Athletics // Photo Provided 

The Ball State women's golf team continued its hot streak as of late, finishing second at Eastern Kentucky's Colonel Classic this weekend.

Junior Allison Lindley finished fourth, and junior Kelsey Sear recorded a third consecutive top-10 finish by finishing tied for eighth.

"[Lindley] and [Sear] are both very good ball strikers," head coach Katherine Mowat said. "They have the potential to score well in every tournament we play." 

Senior Meghan McDougall and sophomores Morgan Nadaline and Sydney Anderson also finished inside the top 20.

Windy conditions affected the tournament, but the Cardinals were able to distance themselves from a relatively crowded field after the first round. Eastern Kentucky, however, gained the first-round lead and held on to win the team title. IUPUI sophomore Aneta Abrahamova won the individual title.

The Cardinals now have first-, second- and sixth-place team finishes in their last three starts.

Ball State will host IPFW and the University of Indianapolis at Anderson Country Club April 10. This will be its last match before the Mid-American Conference championships, which will be April 22-24 at Purgatory Golf Club in Noblesville, Ind.