Ball State women's tennis prepares for Bowling Green match

The Ball State women's tennis team huddles up at the end of the doubles match against Butler for the Fall Dual on Sept. 20 at the Cardinal Creek Tennis Center. DN PHOTO BREANNA DAUGHERTY

Ball State statistics (MAC record)

Peyton Gollhofer - 14-4 (4-2)

Audrey Berger - 14-4 (3-3)

Carmen Blanco - 15-5 (4-2)

Toni Ormond - 15-6 (4-2)

Julia Sbircea - 12-8 (3-2)

Isabelle Dohanics - 11-7 (3-3)

Ball State women's tennis saw its first loss in nearly two months on April 10 against Buffalo. The team will return on the road against Bowling Green on April 17.

The Cardinals (18-3, 5-1 MAC) had their 15-match win streak snapped April 10, but they still sit atop the Mid-American Conference standings, tied for first with Western Michigan.

Bowling Green (2-15, 0-4 MAC) has had quite a different season thus far. The Falcons sit last in the MAC and are currently on a four-match losing streak.

The two teams have met eight times since 2008, and Ball State has lost six of those matches. The Cardinals’ last win came last season in a 7-0 victory on April 17, 2015. In those eight meetings, the Falcons outscored Ball State 40-16 in individual matches.

Ball State will post a strong lineup against Bowling Green on April 17 — in singles action, the Cardinals have four players with at least 14 wins on the season. Both sophomore Carmen Blanco and junior Toni Ormond have 15 wins on the season.

Since conference play began, the Cardinals' six usual singles players have combined for a conference record of 21-14. However, those six players have still maintained a winning percentage of .704 throughout the season. 

Leading the Falcons into the match will be a pair of freshmen in Polina Radeva and Paula Comella. Throughout the season, both have played through rough patches but have managed to pick up double-digit win totals. Comella leads the team with an 11-6 record, while Radeva is second with a 10-7 record.

Ball State will look to get one step closer to 20 wins as it travels to take on the Falcons April 17. First serve is 1 at p.m. in Bowling Green, Ohio.