Track and field to host Ball State Challenge

<p>The Ball State track and field team turned out eight career-best performances at its 2-4 dual record at the Stan Lyons Invitational.&nbsp;</p>

The Ball State track and field team turned out eight career-best performances at its 2-4 dual record at the Stan Lyons Invitational. 

Teams Competing

Ball State - Women

Bowling Green - Both

Butler - Both

Indiana Tech - Women

IPFW - Both

IUPUI - Men

Miami (OH) - Both

Rio Grande - Both

Toledo - Both

Wright State - Both

Xavier - Both

In previous years, the outdoor event has been named the Cardinal Invitational. This year's competition is called the Ball State Challenge.

This meet will feature both men's and women's teams and is only the second time Ball State will host a home meet this season.

The first time was in the indoor season at the Ball State Tune-Up. In that meet, Ball State finished with seven events victories along with team wins over Wright State and IPFW.

Those same two teams along with seven others will travel to play in Muncie, each of them bringing, excluding Indiana Tech, men's teams to compete as well. 

This weekend's events will begin April 15 at 1 p.m. Fridays events will include men's and women's hammer and javelin throws as well as the men's 10,000m run.

There will also be a reception for Ball State alumni at Vera Mae's at 7 p.m. Friday.

On April 16, the discus throw will start off for the men at 10 a.m. and the women will follow. 

According to the meet information, the day's events will last until approximately 4:30 p.m.

At noon on April 16, a Ball State Alumni one-mile run will take place. From 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., a hospitality tent will be sent up for the alumni in attendance.