Pat McAfee comedy tour hits Muncie

Indianapolis Colts punter Pat McAfee (1) warms up before the Colts game against the Vikings on Sunday, September 16, 2012, in Indianapolis, Indiana. (Sam Riche/MCT)

Pat McAfee will be at Emens Auditorium on Friday, Feb. 12 at 8 p.m.

This offseason, McAfee is taking a break from football to share jokes about his life.When his scholarship to Penn State was given to another player, McAfee attended West Virginia University to play football. He was rejected again on Draft Day 2009, when the Dallas Cowboys drafted another kicker over McAfee even though they assured him he had a spot. Then, McAfee received a surprise phone call later that day from then Indianapolis Colts general manager Bill Polian, asking him to join their team. McAfee has been making history with the Colts for seven years.

Not only is he a performer on the field, but also on the stage. In 2015, McAfee entertained thousands in his first tour, Uncaged. It was a two-night comedy show at the Palladium in Carmel.

Ball State sophomore Sarah Anzelmo attended his first show and said McAfee is the funniest guy in the NFL.

“He took questions from the audience in the end,” Anzelmo said. “It was just really fun and he was really interactive with everybody.”

His new show, The I-69 Tour, makes four stops in the Hoosier state during February. Tickets went on sale January 15, and sold out quickly.

Anzelmo bought her tickets that morning.

“I just thought [Uncaged] was really funny and he’s going to make it different this time, so I might as well go again,” Anzelmo said.

Some McAfee fans,like Ball State junior Jacob Miller, could not get tickets. 

“I didn’t get tickets just because of how expensive they were, even though I would have loved to go,” Miller said.

Miller thinks everyone else is in for a great time, though.

“I follow him on social media like Twitter and Snapchat, and he is hilarious,” Miller said. “I think [the show] will live up to the hype.”

The tour stopped in Evansville on Wednesday and people have already used #I69Tour on social media to share their praise for the show. Using the hashtag, McAfee started a competition by asking fans to take pictures in front of his tour bus, post it to his media accounts and the best would win $1,000.