'Fallout 4' DLC expanded, release dates and pricing detailed

Bethesda announced this morning, via a post on their website, its plans for the upcoming Fallout 4 DLC, including pricing. They are as follows.

The first, titled "Automatron" will launch in March of 2016 for $9.99. It will introduce a new questline involving a fight against the Mechanist, a villainous character with an army of robots. Along with the new quests, new items, and new weapons, the ability to build and customize your own robotic companion will also be included.

The second, titled "Wasteland Workshop" and slated for an April 2016 release, will sell for $4.99. It will introduce the capturing and taming of wild wasteland creatures, which can be used to fight in battle, or for sport. This pack will also include new customizatable elements for settlements.

The third DLC  announced is titled "Far Harbor" and will release in May 2016 for $24.99. The largest of the three packs will introduce a whole new area, the island of Far Harbor, and include a lengthy questline involving a case for the Valentine Detection Agency. It will also include new faction quests, new settlements, new dungeons, new enemies, and new weapons and armor.

Bethesda also announced that it has expanded its DLC plan, and has more content on the way. It plans to release $60 worth of DLC over the course of 2016. As such, it is increasing the price of the season pass from $29.99 to $49.99 on March 1. However, players who have already bought the season pass, or purchase the pass for $29.99 before March 1, will still have access to all of the content for no extra cost.

Finally, Bethesda stated that it will continue with the free updates, and is in the process of testing the Survival mode overhaul and free mod Creation Kit. It will release more details in the near future.

-----

Source: Bethesda

Images: Game Informer