Jill Morrison named MAC West Division Player of the Week

Sophomore guard Jill Morrison waits for the ball to be passed during the game against Oakland on Dec. 6 at Worthen Arena. DN PHOTO BREANNA DAUGHERTY

For the fourth time in her career, junior guard Jill Morrison was named Mid-American Conference West Division Player of the Week.

In the past three games, Ball State has a 2-1 record, the only loss coming from a 5-1 Florida Gators team that hasn’t lost since its first game of the season.

Morrison scored 14 points against Austin Peay, along with six steals and four assists. During the Omni Hotels Classic, she put up another 14 points against Florida in the 79-85 loss.

During the final game of the Omni Hotels Classic in Boulder, Colo., against MAC rival University of Massachusetts, she scored single-game season highs with 20 points and five 3-pointers.

The Cardinals played their best game of the season, shutting down the Minutewomen 81-54. Morrison shot 66 percent of her field goals with four rebounds, three assists and a steal.

Throughout the course of the week, Morrison totaled 48 points, 13 rebounds, 10 assists and seven steals.

Ball State is now 3-2 on the season and will play host to Ohio Valley on Dec. 3 and Butler on Dec. 6.