Women's basketball wins fourth consecutive game

DN PHOTO SAMANTHA BRAMMER
DN PHOTO SAMANTHA BRAMMER

Game Statistics 

Ball State points in paint: 30

Lipscomb points in paint : 14

Ball State shooting percentage :

Ball State women's basketball (6-2) won its fourth consecutive game and earned its first true road win of the season against Lipscomb University (3-8) in Nashville, Tennessee, 72-60.

Senior guard Nathalie Fontaine recorded her second straight double-double -- she led the Cardinals with both 28 points and 14 rebounds.

Senior forward Shelby Merder also provided a spark off the bench with 10 points, all of which she scored the second half.

The Cardinals outscored the Bison in the paint, 30-14, and outrebounded Lipscomb, 44-23.

Ball State, however, turned the ball over a season-high 26 times. The Bison also ended the Cardinals' three-game streak of holding opponents below 55 points. 

Still, Ball State's offense shot 51.9 percent from the floor and limited Lipscomb to just 34.9 percent shooting.

The Cardinals also held Lipscomb's senior forward Ashley Southern below 20 points for just the third time this season. She entered the game 15th in the NCAA with 21.7 points per game, but only scored 17.

Sophomore Ball State forward Moriah Monaco was second on the team with 16 points and freshman guard Carmen Grande's eight rebounds were also second.

Ball State will travel to West Lafayette, Ind., on Dec. 13 to take on Purdue University (7-2) in a battle for in-state bragging rights.