Spadafora named women's volleyball first team All-MAC

Senior setter Jenna Spadafora sets up a ball in the second game of the Active Ankle Tournament against Belmont on Aug. 28 at Worthen Arena. DN PHOTO BROOK HAYNES

Spadafora has been one of the key reasons Ball State's women's volleyball team clinched the sixth seed in conference tournament with an 8-8 MAC record.

In MAC play, Spadafora ranks fifth with 9.31 assists-per-set average and fourth among all league players in attack percentage with .336.

“From the moment she arrived on campus, Jenna has had a major impact on our program,” head coach Steve Shondell said in a statement. “She has evolved into one of the best setters in Ball State history, and her physical presence at the net is as strong as any setter in the Mid-American Conference."

Spadafora's 160 total kills this season are the most for a six rotation setter, that has played setter exclusively, in the country. She leads all MAC setters in kills (96), kills per set (1.50), blocks (38) and blocks per set (0.59), while ranking second in digs per set (2.25) and third in total digs (144).

Spadafora and the Ball State women’s volleyball team open the 2015 Mid-American Conference Tournament on Nov. 19. 7:30 p.m. is first serve versus No. 7 seed Buffalo at the Convocation Center in Athens, Ohio.