Lindsey leads Ball State women's volleyball in first round victory

Sophomore, Jessica Lindsey celebrates after scoring a point against Toledo at Worthen Arena on October 29th, 2015.

Ball State women’s volleyball advanced to the second round of the Mid-American Conference tournament after a 3-1 victory against Buffalo on Nov. 19.

“Any win in the postseason is a big win, especially that first win,” Ball State head coach Steve Shondell said in a statement.

Ball State is the sixth seed in the tournament and will continue to play on Nov. 20 against No. 3 Kent State.

Earlier this season, the Cardinals dropped a close 3-2 match to the Golden Flashes.

Sophomore outside hitter Jessica Lindsey had a career match against the Bulls. She matched a career-high in digs with 12; while hitting .478 along with three blocks and a pair of digs.

Shondell claims that Lindsey’s play was a career performance.

“We got a tremendous performance, probably a career performance, from Jessica Lindsey,” Shondell said.

After keeping the first two sets close, Ball State was able to take the final two sets as well as the match.

As a unit, the Cardinals finished with 55 total kills to go along with four service aces, 63 digs, 18 block assists and two solo blocks.

The team will remain in Athens, Ohio to face off against Kent State at 7:30 p.m. on Nov. 20.