Student's tweets bring back buffalo chicken dip

<p><em>PHOTO COURTESY OF BALL STATE DINING TWITTER</em></p>

PHOTO COURTESY OF BALL STATE DINING TWITTER

Woodworth Dining will serve buffalo chicken dip during lunch and dinner Nov. 20, thanks to a student’s social media request.

According to the Ball State dining Twitter account, this is a one-day trial for dining to gauge the popularity of the dip.

The quest for buffalo chicken dip began with sophomore public relations major Trevor Holland. He said he heard so many people talking about wanting buffalo chicken dip that he decided to see if it were possible to get it into the dining halls.

Scroll down to see how it all went down on Twitter. 

“Buffalo chicken dip is something different; it’s something new; it’s something really popular,” Holland said. “So I was like, ‘Why don’t we have that if we have those other options?’… It’s something that we want.”

Holland began tweeting at dining in September, asking for buffalo chicken dip. He said the Ball State dining Twitter account is active, and he knew he would get a response.

“People will tweet about Ball State food and Ball State dining, and they won’t even tag Ball State dining, and [dining] will reply anyway,” Holland said. “They’ll seek out those relationships on Twitter.”

Holland first tweeted about the dip on Sept. 6, commenting that while Ball State may have made the best college dining list, it still doesn't have buffalo chicken dip. 

Ball State dining replied Sept. 8, stating, “Woodworth tried it out last year, but despite being delicious, they didn’t sell enough to keep it on the menu.”

Holland responded, asking how many retweets he would need to get buffalo chicken dip back. Dining came back with an answer: zero.

This was the last response Holland received from dining until Nov. 18, when dining said it's bringing the dip back Nov. 20. 

Storify by Rachel Podnar.