Four different tools for 4 different curls

Every curl is different and so are the tools that create them. These four irons, wands and rollers will give you the hairstyle you want.

Curling iron for spiral curls

For nice and tight spiral curls, a simple curling iron will do the trick. Just remember that the size of the curling iron determines the size of the curls.

Curling irons can range from three-eights of an inch to two inches. The smaller the barrel the more tight and spiral like the curl will be. A larger barrel with give the hair a effortless bouncy and wavy look.

Curling irons also help adding a little bit of volume to your hair.

Use this: Plugged In HeatMaster Chrome Curling Iron - $10.99

Tresemme Tres Two Extra Hold Hairspray - $5.88

Rock Your Hair Hot Curls Thermal Curl Spray - $13.97

Curling Wand for natural waves

Curling wands are very similar to curling irons, but they don’t have the clamp that help hold down hair, which makes the curling process more hands on.

A curling wand produces a looser curl that isn’t usually curled all the way to the end, according to fashion YouTuber Eva Chung. The curling wand curl mimics a natural hair texture, said Amanda Holstein in her blog, “Advice from a 20 something.”

Don’t worry about getting burned while using a curling wand because most come with a glove to prevent hands from getting burned.

Use this: Plugged In Mini Cone Curling Wand - $19.99

Flat iron for resourceful curls

A flat iron is a way to curl hair without buying a new tool.

Bloggers and how-to sites have found that a flat iron takes a different technique than a curling iron, but it can still produce ringlets, crimps and waves.

Use this: GVP Hot Pink Ceramic Flat Iron - $59.99

Hot rollers for classic waves

The use of hot rollers or regular rollers can result in classic, loose waves. They give a longer-lasting curl, more volume and result in less damage than other curling tools, said Johnny Lavoy, a L’Oreal Paris Hair Consulting Expert in an interview with Fashionista.com.

Hot rollers use heat to curl hair, but regular rollers give hair a break from that heat.

Curl hair around the rollers and then use a moose to help hair hold as it rests in the curlers. Leave the curlers in from anywhere to an hour for the hot rollers, three for the regular rollers or overnight.

Use this: Jilbere Instant Heat 12 Roller Ceramic Hair Setter

Tresemme Tres Extra Hold Mousse - $4.94