Men's and women's golf through two rounds of invites

<p>Freshman Johnny Watts became the third Ball State golfer in history to win the individual championship for the Mid-American Conference Tournament. Watts is also the first Ball State freshman to win it. <em>PHOTO PROVIDED BY BALL STATE ATHLETICS</em></p>

Freshman Johnny Watts became the third Ball State golfer in history to win the individual championship for the Mid-American Conference Tournament. Watts is also the first Ball State freshman to win it. PHOTO PROVIDED BY BALL STATE ATHLETICS

Ball State men’s and women’s golf teams are through the first two rounds in their respective tournaments.

Men’s Golf

Through the first two rounds, the Cardinals find themselves at 20 over par, putting them in 15th place at The Firestone Invitational in Akron, Ohio.

Ball State find themselves only five strokes below last place team William & Mary.

Despite the teams overall effort, two players, Johnny Watts and Michael Makris are both in the top-20 golfers through the first day.

Watts leads the charge shooting 1-under par with a 143 on the tournament, while Makris remains even at 144.

Oct. 6 will conclude the three-round tournament.

Women’s Golf

The women’s team landed in sixth place of eight teams after the first two rounds at the UC Bearcats Fall Classic at TPC River’s Bend.

Sydney Anderson leads the charge landing a tie for 21st place with a 159. Two other Cardinals are right behind Kayla Adamson with a 160 and Allison Lindley with a 161.

All of them found themselves in the top 30 at the end of Monday’s action.

Ball State sits above Northern Kentucky and Dayton in the tournament.

The third and final round of the tournament will conclude Oct. 6.