Booze, breakfast in Village

<p>Some of the bars in The Village are open in the morning before the parade on Saturday. </p><p>DN FILE PHOTO RACHEL BRAMMER </p>

Some of the bars in The Village are open in the morning before the parade on Saturday. 

DN FILE PHOTO RACHEL BRAMMER 

The day is here—our favorite secular holiday. The day to celebrate all that is Ball State with booze, tailgating and football: Homecoming.

Luckily, you don’t have to wait until tailgate starts at noon to start partying. Going to the bar in the morning is a totally appropriate way to start out your day because Brothers Bar & Grill and The Chug are opening up in the morning and serving some greasy food. So load up on the biscuits and gravy to rid yourself of that hangover from Friday night. It may be 5 o’clock somewhere … and no one cares if it’s only 9 a.m. in Muncie.

Sorry, under-21 crowd, both events are 21+.

Beer and Biscuits at The Chug

The Chug may have been around forever, but it’s the first time in recent memory they’re throwing an official party in the morning.

Who can go: 21+

What time: 9 a.m.

Drink Specials: $2 PBR tall boys, $4.50 16 oz. screwdrivers, $5 16 oz. Bloody Marys, $2.50 riot punch, $3.50 Fireball

Food: Biscuits and gravy, sausage, muffins and breakfast potatoes.

Price: No cover, food included for free.

What else: BSU tumbler cups at 9 a.m. and The Chug koozies all morning.

Breakfast Club at Brothers

Last year, Brothers Bar & Grill opened in the Village Homecoming weekend. This year, they are celebrating with the Breakfast Club.

Who can go: 21+

What time: 8 a.m. 

Drink specials: $5 double wells, $5 20 oz. mimosas, $5 Bloody Marys 

Food: Eggs and sausage, along with a choice of pancakes or biscuits and gravy.

Price: $5 cover

What else: T-shirt for the first 400 people

Going by this schedule, you can go to Brothers at 8 a.m., The Chug at 9 a.m., and still get a good seat in the Village to watch the parade, which starts downtown at 10 a.m., and make it in time to tailgate at noon. Don't forget the game at 3 p.m. 

Happy Homecoming!