Former Cardinals face-off in NFL matchup

<p>Colts rookie Jonathan Newsome was "more than just a number" at Ball State.</p>

Colts rookie Jonathan Newsome was "more than just a number" at Ball State.

In Oct. 26's Nation Football League action the Indianapolis Colts faced off against the New Orleans Saints in a matchup that had two former Cardinals on the same field for the first time since playing at Ball State.

This time they were on the field not as teammates, but instead as opponents.

This is the fifth time in NFL history when two Ball State alumni have faced off against each other.

Jonathon Newsome plays outside linebacker for the Colts and he never saw the field, as he was listed as inactive for the game.

Willie Snead was able to find a home as a Saints wide receiver after bouncing between several teams.

Snead had 3 receptions for 25 yards on his way to a 27-21 victory over the Colts.

Snead has had a solid rookie year so far, bringing in 29 receptions for 461 yards and a touchdown. At this rate, Snead is projected to surpass 1,000 yards on the year.

Newsome is in his second season with the Colts after being drafted by them in the 5th round, 166th overall.

After an impressive rookie season, where Newsome generated 6.5 sacks, he has been off to a slower start this year playing injured and recording one sack in seven games.

Both of the teams now sit on 3-4 on the season, with nine games remaining in the regular season.