VMA 2015: The most memorable Miley moments

<p>PHOTO COURTESY OF WIKIPEDIA.COM</p>

PHOTO COURTESY OF WIKIPEDIA.COM

1. The surprise performance

Cyrus closed the Video Music Awards with an unexpected musical number complete with dancing drag queens and lyrics professing her love for marijuana. But hey, she’s just being Miley. The biggest moment came after the performance ended, when she announced her surprise album titled “Miley Cyrus and Her Dead Petz” would be available for free on her website.

2. Nicki Minaj and Miley Cyrus feud

This moment caught many off guard, including Cyrus. At the end of Nicki Minaj’s acceptance speech for Best Hip Hop Video, Minaj called Cyrus a bitch for the comments Miley made about her to The New York Times. Cyrus congratulated Minaj on her win — albeit with an expletive — and kept the show moving. In the Times article, Cyrus criticized the way in which Minaj expressed her feelings for not getting nominated for Video of the Year.

3. All of Miley’s outfits… the many, many outfits

Cyrus’s wardrobe choices throughout the show were revealing and shocking at times. It’s hard to choose just one extreme outfit moment, as Cyrus constantly kept viewers on their toes with plenty of costume changes. At one point just before a commercial break, Cyrus briefly flashed one of her breasts to the camera.

4. Her love of Instagram

Cyrus quipped that she took a year off of music to focus on her “true love” — Instagram. She took viewers on a satiric, behind-the-scenes look into the process of creating her posts. This sketch included “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” star Andy Samberg and “Neighbors” star Ike Barinholtz. The bit ended with a large group selfie which Kim Kardashian jumped in on... of course.