Get free pizza by donating blood

A finished pizza travels out of the oven at Cousin Vinny's in Muncie, Indiana. DN PHOTO JACOB COLLIER

Get a free pizza and help save lives at Domino's Pizza Aug. 28 by donating blood. 

Anyone who donates at the Muncie Domino's location from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. Aug. 28 will get a coupon for a large, two-topping pizza and a choice between cheesy bread, breadsticks, Chocolate Lava Crunch Cakes or Cinna Stix, according to a press release from Domino's.

Domino's teamed up with the Indiana Blood Center to give an incentive to donate blood. The Indiana Blood Center provides blood to more than 60 hospitals around the state, according to its website. 

Donors can schedule an appointment on Indiana Blood Center's website, or just come by Domino's Pizza.

“Domino’s is proud to partner with the Indiana Blood Center this summer, when the need for blood donations is the greatest,” said Glenn Mueller, Muncie Domino’s franchise owner, in a press release. “We hope offering the incentive of free, delicious pizza will be both a motivator and a thank-you to people who give back to their community this summer.”

If people were to donate blood three times per year, blood shortages would be a rare occurrence, according to the Indiana Blood Center. One pint of blood can help up to three people.

The Muncie Domino's is located at 811 W. McGalliard Road.