10 Things to Know for Monday

Long Beach, Calif., mayor Robert Garcia, right, the city's first openly gay mayor, raises a Rainbow Pride Flag over the Civic Plaza in response to a U.S. Supreme Court ruling legalizing same-sex marriage on Friday, June 26, 2015. (Rick Loomis/Los Angeles Times/TNS)

1. WHOSE CAPTURE ENDS EXHAUSTIVE MANHUNT

Convicted murderer David Sweat is shot and taken into custody in northern New York, days after police kill his accomplice and three weeks after the two escaped prison.

2. GAY PRIDE PARADES CELEBRATE SUPREME COURT RULING

Hundreds of thousands of people pack pride events from New York City to San Francisco, reveling in the U.S. high court's endorsement of gay marriage.

3. GREECE'S BANKS REMAIN CLOSED AS ECONOMIC CRISIS DEEPENS

The developments throw into question Greece's financial future and continued membership in the 19-nation shared euro currency — and even the European Union.

4. UNMANNED SPACEX ROCKET BREAKS APART AFTER LAUNCH

The rocket was set to resupply the International Space Station and it's the third cargo mission to fail in eight months.

5. CONFEDERATE SYMBOLS TOPPLE, TEETER ACROSS THE SOUTH

The June 17 church massacre in Charleston, S.C., by a self-described white supremacist leads states around the region to take down rebel flags, but some ask whether it's a sign of real social change.

6. WHY IRAN NUCLEAR TALKS WILL GO PAST JUNE 30 TARGET DATE

Negotiators remain apart on issues including how much access Tehran should give to U.N. experts who would monitor compliance if a deal is reached to keep Iran from building nuclear weapons.

7. SCIENTISTS QUESTION WHY MORE WOMEN THAN MEN HAVE ALZHEIMER'S

One worrisome hint is that research shows a notorious Alzheimer's-related gene has a bigger impact on women than men.

8. REPORT: WORLD JEWISH POPULATION NEARS PRE-HOLOCAUST LEVEL

There are currently 14.2 million Jews in the world, and another 2 million who identify as partly Jewish, The Jewish People Policy Institute says.

9. WHAT ADVICE WHITEY BULGER GIVES TO TEENS

"If you want to make crime pay — 'Go to Law School,'" the former crime boss, now serving two life sentences, instructs three high school girls who wrote to him for a history project.

10. POLL: AMERICANS SHOW STRONG SUPPORT FOR HOME OLYMPICS

Nearly nine of 10 Americans — 89 percent — support a bid to host the Olympics somewhere in the United States, according to an AP-GfK survey.