Ball State takes 2 MAC weekly awards

Freshman first baseman Colin Brockhouse approaches first base during the first game of the double header against Buffalo on March 28 at First Merchants Ballpark Complex. DN PHOTO ALAINA JAYE HALSEY

Colin Brockhouse

Position - RHP/3B

Bats - R

Throws - R

Height - 6-foot-3

Year - Freshman

Hometown - Fort wayne, Ind.

Zach Plesac

Position - RHP

Bats - R

Throws - R

Height - 6-foot-3

Year - Sophomore

Hometown - Crown Point, Ind.

The Ball State baseball team swept the Mid-American Conference's weekly awards after finishing the week with a 3-2 record.

Freshman Colin Brockhouse was named the Player of the Week, while sophomore Zach Plesac earned the league's Pitcher of the Week award.

Brockhouse hit for a .421 average over the week, including a .400 average in a series victory over Akron. 

He also finished 2-0 on the mound, with victories over Valparaiso and Akron in the final game of the series. He posted a 2.35 earned run average with 11 strikeouts.

Plesac threw a complete game against the Zips in the first game of the weekend series, a 4-1 victory. He had seven strikeouts and allowed no earned runs or walks against the MAC East Division leader.

The Cardinals will return to the diamond on April 7 at Xavier before continuing MAC play with a three-game series at Kent State.