Basketball experience leads to win in Cardinal Dean's Shootout Championship

Faculty and students of Ball State participated in the Cardinal Dean's Shootout on Feb. 24 at Worthen Arena. DN PHOTO KELSEY DICKESON

2015 Cardinal Dean's Shootout Championship Winners

John Fallon - Associate Vice President of Econcomic Development and Community Engagement

Kyle Boyd - freshman business major

University bragging rights were on the line Tuesday at the Ball State men's basketball game, as the Cardinal Deans' Shootout Championship highlighted the halftime entertainment.

John Fallon, associate vice president of economic development and community engagement, and Kyle Boyd, a freshman business major, sank 19 shots from the free-throw line in 30 seconds to take the victory and win the trophy.

"I thought we would win," Boyd said.

The pair had previous basketball experience on its side, as Fallon played a year of Division I basketball at Western Michigan and Boyd played four years of basketball in high school.

Fallon said he was nervous in the beginning, but also said he was confident in their ability to defeat the other eight teams competing.

Fallon and Boyd were representing "Building Better Communities," an effort to connect Ball State students to the surrounding community.