Lembo announces football Leadership Council

Coach Pete Lembo watches the game unfold against Toledo at the Glass Bowl on Sept. 20. DN PHOTO JONATHAN MIKSANEK

Ball State head football coach Pete Lembo has announced the Leadership Council for the 2015 season. It was put in place in order to maximize players' input into day-to-day football operations.

Members include redshirt freshman David Morrison; sophomores Dedrick Cromartie, Darian Green, Jordan Hogue, Corey Lacanaria, Jack Milas, Vinnie Palazeti and Kevin Willis; juniors Dae’Shaun Hurley, Aaron Taylor and Teddy Williamson; and seniors Dylan Curry, Ben Ingle, Jacob Richard, Chris Shillings, Darnell Smith and Nick Traub.

The entire Ball State football team participates in leadership development sessions during the spring and preseason. Each player votes for three representatives from their class.

The council will meet typically once per week during the season and during the spring semester as well. One of the major end results of the overall council is the development of communication and leadership among players.

Some annual projects for the group include academic progress, workout scheduling and team discipline issues.