Ball State assistant treasurer running for treasurer, holds open forum

What is the vice president for business affairs and treasurer?

• Manages the university's finances. 
  • Gives direction to the operational, budgetary and personnel activities of all divisions in business affairs. 
  • Makes financial recommendations to the board of trustees and the president.

Source: bsu.edu

Ball State has announced another finalist in the closed search for the replacement of its vice president for business affairs and treasurer - its current associate vice president for business affairs.

Bernie Hannon, associate vice president for business affairs, is a finalist in the search to replace Randy Howard, former vice president for business affairs.

In an email to the university on Monday, Terry King, provost of Ball State, announced that there will be a second open forum in the search, where Hannon will be available for questions. The open forum is 4 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 28 in room 310 of the L.A. Pittenger Student Center.

Hannon has worked in his position since 2010 under Howard. He now fills Howard's position as his interim.

Previously, Hannon worked as the assistant state budget director for Indiana overseeing the state's $7.5 billion education budget as well as providing budget analysis for the higher education budget to the state budget director.

The university plans to have a replacement for Howard by the end of the semester.

Earlier this month, Chris Ervin, assistant vice chancellor for business affairs at the University of North Carolina, Charlotte, visited campus to be interviewed for Howard's job and participate in a similar open forum.