FIELD HOCKEY: Cardinals drop 7th straight match

Senior forward Tori Widrick contends with the Saint Louis defense during the game against St. Louis at the BSU Turf field on Sept. 28. DN PHOTO JONATHAN MIKSANEK

The Ball State field hockey team lost its seventh straight game Oct. 3, as they fell to No. 7 Iowa by a score of 8-0.

The Hawkeyes outplayed the Cardinals right from the beginning, with a goal from Dani Hemeon in the fifth minute of the game. In the same minute, Stephanie Norlander recorded a goal of her own. 

Both girls continued to dominate throughout the game as they each ended with a hat trick.

Ball State did not have a shot on goal the entire game, the second time this has happened all season. The team was unable to get a shot off in its home opener against Indiana on Sept. 17.

The team remains winless against Big Ten opponents, sitting at 0-4 on the season.

The Cardinals ail look to end their current losing streak on homecoming weekend as they host a two-game home stand.

Ball State will face off against Missouri State on Oct. 11 at noon at Briner Sports Complex, then return on Oct. 12 at 1 p.m. to take on No. 20 Michigan State.