A divorce, a winner, and a new face

(Top row)  Isaiah Washington as "Dr. Preston Burke," Chandra Wilson as "Miranda Bailey," Sandra Oh as "Cristina Yang," James Pickens, Jr. as "Dr. Richard Webber," Ellen Pompeo as "Meredith Grey" and T.R. Knight as "George O'Malley." (Bottom row) Katherine Heigl as "Isobel 'Izzie' Stevens," Justin Chambers as "Alex Karev" and Patrick Dempsey as "Dr. Derek Shepherd" star on "Grey's Anatomy" on the ABC Television Network. (Handout/KRT)
(Top row) Isaiah Washington as "Dr. Preston Burke," Chandra Wilson as "Miranda Bailey," Sandra Oh as "Cristina Yang," James Pickens, Jr. as "Dr. Richard Webber," Ellen Pompeo as "Meredith Grey" and T.R. Knight as "George O'Malley." (Bottom row) Katherine Heigl as "Isobel 'Izzie' Stevens," Justin Chambers as "Alex Karev" and Patrick Dempsey as "Dr. Derek Shepherd" star on "Grey's Anatomy" on the ABC Television Network. (Handout/KRT)

Erin Gladieux is a junior telecommunications and journalism major and writes ‘Pop Culture Catch Up’ for the Daily News. Her views do not necessarily reflect those of the paper. Write to Erin at engladieux@bsu.edu

Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose headed for Splitsville

Amber Rose has filed for divorce from the rapper Wiz Khalifa, citing the popular, irreconcilable differences. The documents do not say anything about infidelity, but it was rumored that Rose was less than faithful with rapper Nick Cannon after he signed the 30-year-old model to his management company.

Rose was quick to shoot those rumors down on her Twitter, saying, “Please stop with the fake stories. I would never ever, ever cheat on my husband in a million years I think u [sic] guys know this…..”

But it seems we weren’t wrong about the reason for the divorce. In her next tweet, she stated, “Unfortunately my now ex husband can’t say the same….”

The two married in July of last year and welcomed a son, Sebastian “The Bash” Taylor Thomaz, in February 2013. The model says she is “devastated and crushed,” but is focusing on her son.

Big Brother 16 Winner… and new legend?

Big Brother crowned its new winner in the 90-minute finale Wednesday. After the longest and most twisted season yet, fans and houseguests are comparing the undercover cop, Derrick Levasseur, to Big Brother greats.

This summer, there were two Heads of Households and each one nominated two people for eviction. We did the math, and that’s a total of 44 times Levasseur could have been put on the block, but instead managed to manipulate everyone in the house into doing his dirty work for him, never having to sit in those two dreaded seats across from host Julie Chen.

So we have Dr. Will, Coach Dan and now Sergeant Derrick. CBS also just announced Big Brother has been picked up for seasons 17 and 18.

Casting shakeup for a dead character on Grey’s Anatomy

Meredith Grey’s mother looked a little different in the season 11 premiere. The ABC hit medical drama recast the role of young Ellis Grey, which American Horror Story’s Sarah Paulson played.

Due to scheduling conflicts, she was not able to reprise her role. Instead, they hired army wife Sally Pressman to step in.

Pressman has previously guest-starred on another Shonda Rhimes hit show, Scandal. She will appear in two flashback episodes of Grey’s this fall with actor J. August Richards, who plays a young Richard Webber.