Swift as Honey

Erin Gladieux is a junior telecommunications and journalism major and writes ‘Pop Culture Catch Up’ for the Daily News. Her views do not necessarily reflect those of the paper. Write to Erin at engladieux@bsu.edu

Here Comes Honey Boo Boo Split

Mama June and Sugar Bear Thompson have decided to call it quits. Just less than a year and half after the two reality stars exchanged vows, the two never technically married, they have decided to separate. 

The two released a joint statement saying, "Sugar Bear and I have decided to take some time apart to figure out some things in our relationship," the pair said in a statement. "We are taking things day by day, but regardless of what happens, the girls will always be our number one priority. We want to thank y'all for your support." 

The country duo exchanged vows in front of family in their backyard in Georgia including Alana “Honey Boo Boo,” and her three sisters Lauryn “Pumpkin” Shannon, Jessica “Chubbs” Shannon, and Anna “Chickadee” Shannon. 

After meeting on an online chat room nine years ago, it is speculated that Sugar Bear, whose real name is Mike, cheated on the matriarch. 

E! News learned that Mama Bear has stopped wearing her wedding ring because she caught him surfing online dating sites and found a profile that matches Sugar Bear’s on pleantoffish.com. On that profile his relationship status says he is currently single. 

According to E! News, Mama June plans to move with her daughters after the latest round of filming for the show is complete.

Taylor Swift vs. Katy Perry

During a Rolling Stones interview, Swift was asked who the influence was behind her song “Bad Blood” off her newest album “1989” dropping in October. Although the country turned pop star wouldn’t reveal who wronged her, she did say “We’re just straight-up enemies.” 

She also told RS that the mystery person tried to sabotage her arena tour. And after a little digging E! News found that three of Taylor’s dancers left mid-tour to work for Katy Perry. 

Swift said this mean girl “wasn’t nice to her” and “she would insult her in private, then publicly say ‘I love you.’” But apparently it’s no secret because Perry “knows the song is about her.” 

Instead of writing a song about it, Perry tweeted “Watch out for the Regina George in sheep’s clothing…” the day after the Rolling Stones interview came out. 

Since Taylor said the reason they don’t get along is strictly professionally based, we can’t help but wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that both stars have dated singer John Mayer.