FOOTBALL: Fan Bus announced for MAC opener

Students in the Nest pose for a photo during the football game against Indiana State on Sept. 13 at Scheumann Stadium. DN PHOTO BREANNA DAUGHERTY

Ball State has announced there will be a fan bus for the upcoming football game on Sept. 20 at Toledo. This is the team’s Mid-American Conference opener.

"Anytime we can provide opportunities for students to support the Cardinals, in any matter, is what we want to do," director of marketing Sean Sullivan said. "This was an opportunity on our schedule where we thought we had one of our key MAC rivals to kick off the conference calendar, so why not try and rally the students to take a little trip with us."

The bus will hold 100 Ball State students, costing $30 per ticket, which includes the bus ride and a ticket to the game. Food is not included in the ticket. Students may bring a snack for the bus ride or extra money for concessions at the game.

The buses will leave at 3 p.m. from Gate 1 of Worthen Arena and return following the game. The game will begin at 7 p.m.

Students can email thenest@bsu.edu or visit the table from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sept. 15-18 in the Atrium. Payment must be in by Sept. 18. Cash or checks will be accepted, with checks made payable to Ball State.