CROSS COUNTRY: Ball State takes third at Ohio Invite
The Ball State cross country team finished in third place at the Ohio Invitational on Friday, with a final score of 78.
Mid-American Conference rival Miami (30) won the invite, finishing one point better than Ohio (31).
Senior Courtney Edon took 7th place in the 6k race, with a final of 23:10.26, while her twin sister Caitlynn Edon finished 12th at 23:51:73.
Ball State Individual Performances at Ohio Invitational:
- 7th - Courtney Edon - 23:10.26
- 12th - Caitlynn Edon - 23:51.73
- 18th - Jessica Bryzek - 24:33.12* (17th Scoring)
- 29th - Ericka Rinehart - 25:24.07 (20th scoring)
- 31st - Jordan Timmons - 25:35.22 (22nd scoring)
- 33rd - Rachel Billingsley - 25:44.01*
- 42nd - Emma Manchess - 26:30.00
- 44th - Sarah Hoppes - 27:18.30*
- 45th - Becca Kropf - 27:31.39
In her first collegiate meet, freshman Jessica Bryzek finished 18th, with a time of 24:33.12.
The Ball State cross country team returns to action on Sept. 13, when the Cardinals travel to Oxford, OH., to compete in the Miami Invitational. The meet is scheduled to start at 9:30 a.m.