Fan to win meet-and-greet tickets for The Fray by buying ticket on Friday

Rock band The Fray will be at John R. Emens Auditorium on Sep. 10. Tickets start at $10 for general admission and go on sale Friday. PHOTO COURTESY OF THE FRAY

Students will have the opportunity to meet The Fray when the alternative rock band comes to play on campus in September.

“I’ve never really met a famous person before, it’d be exciting,” said Faith Menkedick, Ball State senior. “I’d just want to get to know them as artists."

Tickets for the concert went on sale at 7 a.m. Friday. Fans began lining up at the John R. Emens Auditorium box office just after noon on Thursday.

Menkedick was one of the first people in line for the tickets and had been waiting for them to go on sale for 17 hours.

Most came prepared for the long hours ahead, donning various sorts of bedding and entertainment. Others went above and beyond.

Levi Parks, senior, brought not just one, but two full sized tents for him and his friends while they waited outside. The majority of the line had been moved indoors due to the heavy storms, but Parks and his friends Sammi Shelton, senior, and Savannah Cousins, sophomore, opted to stay outside for “the experience,” Parks said.

“We’re all kinda excited about the tickets, but Levi’s really excited for the storm,” Cousins said.

While Parks is excited for waiting in line, others are looking forward to getting their chance to meet the band.

Brianna Flotow, senior, said she had some questions in mind if she got to go backstage.“[I would] probably ask what influences them and what it’s like touring, since they’ve been touring for years,” Flotow said.

Shelton had a different idea.

“I’m all about costumes,” she said. “I would ask them about their costuming; ‘Do you get to pick your own stuff? Do you have costumers?’”

The winner will be randomly chosen and announced once the Emens Auditorium box office closes at 6 p.m. on Friday.

Tickets will be on sale to students only for $10 until the box office closes on Aug. 29. Then, faculty and staff will be able to purchase tickets. After a set amount of time currently undetermined, the tickets will go on sale to the general public.

Graham Taylor contributed to this story.