FOOTBALL: Ball State adds N.C. State to 2019 schedule

Head coach Pete Lembo talks to the football team after the spring game on April 19 at Scheumann Stadium. DN PHOTO BREANNA DAUGHERTY

On  Sept. 21, 2019 , the Ball State football team will travel to Raleigh, N.C., for the program’s first ever game against North Carolina State.

Ball State announced its future matchup with N.C. State earlier today, and Cardinals’ head coach Pete Lembo expressed his pleasure with getting a team from the Atlantic Coast Conference on the schedule.

"I am pleased that we were able to arrange this 2019 game against North Carolina State in Raleigh," Lembo said in a statement. "We have a vision and a plan for out-of-conference scheduling that fits our program's goals. We recruit the state of North Carolina actively and plan to continue to do so in the future. It is beneficial for us to play Power Five opponents in primary recruiting areas such as North Carolina."

The last time Ball State played a team from the ACC was last season’s 48-27 road victory against the Virginia Cavaliers.

Former Cardinals’ quarterback Keith Wenning completed 23-41 passes for 346 yards and two touchdowns in the win.