BASEBALL: 3 named as Freshmen All-Americans

Freshman catcher Jarett Rindleisch hits the ball in the game against Eastern Michigan on April 5 at Ball Diamond. Rindfleisch had three RBIs. DN PHOTO BREANNA DAUGHERTY

The Ball State baseball team continues to be honored for its season, as Collegiate Baseball selected pitcher Zach Plesac, catcher Jarett Rindfleisch and outfielder Alex Call to its Freshmen All-America Team.

Plesac finished the season ranked fourth in the nation with 12 wins and was previously named as the publication’s Mid-American Conference Freshman Pitcher of the Year as well as to the All-America Third Team. In addition to his 12-2 record, Plesac also saved six games while pitching to a 2.11 earned-run average.

Rindfleisch, who was named the MAC Freshman Player of the Year, finished his first collegiate season with a .352 batting average. He hit cleanup for the majority of the season and accumulated 33 RBI, four home runs and nine doubles.

Call finished his freshman season at Ball State with a team high .354 batting average. The outfielder also had 24 RBI to go along with a home run and 15 doubles.

Ball State baseball has now had 10 Freshman All-Americans chosen in the program’s history.